Hover

Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Camera Buddies

Morning all. Starting my 35th day of no smoking and have to say that I think I have it whipped. There seems to be an obstacle a day that makes me want to pick one up and then I remember all the support I have received and don't want to let myself down this time. Yesterday's keeping busy project was these "Camera Buddies". My niece is a photographer and she mentioned them one time so I searched the internet and came up with these.

I found the "Hello Kitty" pattern here from 4Hankins Crochet.



(sc around a hairtie, join, ch 3, 2dc in each sc around, join, finish off) Eye backing (make 2). (ch 2, 6 sc in 1st ch, join, ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join, fasten off). I had some really big google eyes that I put on but you could just use a button or piece of felt. The nose is a pom pom.



I just dc around the hair tie until full. (2 dc in dc, dc in next) around, join. ch 1, (sc in next 2 dc, 2 sc in next) around, join. 
Ears:
(ch1, sc in next 6, turn. ch 1, sc in each sc. turn. ch 1, sc in next 2, sc next 2 together, sc in next 2, turn. ch 1, sc in eac sc., turn. ch 1 sc in next 2 sc, skip 1 sc, sc in next 2, turn. ch 1, sc in each sc, turn. ch 1, sc in first sc, sc next 2sc tog, sc in first sc, turn. ch 1, sc in first sc, sk sc, sc in next sc, turn. ch 1, sc 2 sc together. fasten off. )
Skip 6 stitches and join yarn in next sc making sure you are on the front side. Repeat from ( to ) above. I spot glued the ears down at an angle but they don't have to be.
Tongue: with red: chain 2. 2 sc in second 2, turn. 2 sc in each sc, turn, sc across, turn. sc in next, sc 2 sc tog, sc in next. turn. sc in sc, skip sc, sc in next. turn, sc 2 together. sl st around to make sturdy.


She knows the Elmo and Hello Kitty are on their way but I decided to do the dog last night. Hope you enjoy.


10 comments:

  1. These are great Stephanie!
    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie super cute hun love them hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fabulous Stephanie, brought a smile to my face. Do you think they would help me take better photos?
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie hun ty for your comment re HOC whoops shouldn t have been published yet - will publish your lovely comment when the blog goes live - ty so much for your lovely support xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - these are absolutely fabulous - you are so clever!! Love em!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh What fun Stephanie! These are fantastic! I bet they go down well while trying to capture youngsers in the lens!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and fun project Stephanie. Love them.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable projects! Way to go Stephanie--those days are adding up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic, I love the Elmo one the most :) what a clever idea, I could do with one of these, I may have to pass my mum the details as I have no idea when it comes to knitting hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love seeing fellow crafters work. Feel free to leave a link to your blog.